I know what many people are thinking.
Why would a mom want to be a badass?
Newsflash: Who wouldn't want to be a badass, including your mama?
Yes I am a mother. Yes I am a Christian, Yes I am a woman in her mid-thirties. But I'm also a woman who is trying to find real significance in her life and experience the best it has to offer. So when one of my thoroughest gifted me with the book, You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start LIving An Awesome Life by Jen Sincero, I was excited to dive in and get some tips on ultimate badassery.
Here are 5 things I learned:
1. Clear Out Your Internal Junk Mail: There are habits and fears that sometimes stand in the way of us getting what we really want in life (i.e. getting that job, going to school, having a successful relationship). This stupor we feel stuck in could go back to thoughts and beliefs that we have locked away in our subconscious as far back as childhood . Evaluate them, see if they are based in any real truth and then release them. It's junk! And it has to go.
2. Follow the Unwritten Commandment: Thou shalt love thyself. Seems self-explanatory right? Surprisingly not everybody knows how. Take the time to appreciate your value by doing things for you, positive affirmation, and recognizing your uniqueness. Most important, stop beating yourself up about the past. Forgive yourself and pour on the love. If you can't truly love yourself, you can't show the world how to love you.
3. Dig for Gold: Bump money, clothes and other valuables you think will get you where you need to be in life. You are your best commodity! Revel in your badassness by tapping into your ideas and putting them to work. Meditation, prayer, vision boards, following your intuition and gratitude are great ways to help you untag your mental goldmine. So just do it already.
4. Get Over Yourself…Like Seriously: Pack it up. Procrastination: See ya! Self-hate: it was fun. NOT! Fear: This is the longest one night stand EVER. Lose. My.Number. I think you get the point. It doesn't matter what is blocking your ascension to unadulterated awesomeness, just let it go. It may be hard. It may be serious . But I think you'd trade it for happiness and sunshine that fills you up, not weighs you down like that crap you been carting around that has come to define you.
5. Hi My Name is Badass: Yes. You can say it. Being a badass, is not a bad thing and will not damn your soul to hell (insert gasps). A badass understands who they are, embraces their flaws and strengths, changes negatives into positives and uses the Force ( i.e. God, the universe, energy or whatever you call it) to seal the deal. If you command these things in your life, then life will be exactly what you want.
I highly recommend this book because there is something for everyone, no matter what stage you are at in life. It's a quick, easy read and your 5 takeaways may be different than mine. Let us know what you think. Are you a super badass? What ways do you keep your badassery on point?
Have an amazing week beauties,